- The Benefits of Creativity on your Health…
- How Gluten Affects Your Joint Pain…
- How to connect with your body and REALLY listen to lose weight…
- Peace with your weight. Peace with your body. Peace with you.
- Back Pain Due to Dairy and Rice
- The Flood Of Soy Into YOUR Body: The 5 Most Dangerous Reasons Not To Eat Soy
- Healthy Weight Loss Snacks For Busy Moms
- 2 Easy Tactics On How To Avoid Feeling Tempted And Deprived At Holiday Parties!
- Exclusive Interview With Founder Of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition TM, Reed Davis! Topic: The Damaging Affects Gluten
Healthy and Delicious (Paleo, Grain-Free & Gluten-free) Falling off the Bone Short Ribs…
I just made the most amazing short ribs in the world. They were super easy, and I didn’t even spend all day in the kitchen.
Plus, they are super healthy, gluten free, grain free and Paleo! I used 100% grass-fed short ribs, stock (I used duck but you can use chicken or beef), organic veggies and organic cabernet.
See my video below for simple instructions:
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time in Crockpot: 6-8 hours.
- 2-3lbs 100% grass-fed short ribs
- 1 1/2 cup chicken, duck or beef stock (you can buy stock or make it)
- 2 cups dry red wine (I used cabernet)
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crockpot (I like this because I can prepare it, leave it, and when I come home food is ready… no staying in the kitchen all day!)
1. If your short ribs are the whole cut with several ribs, cut in between each rib evenly to give you individual cuts of each short rib. Lightly salt and pepper each short rib.
2. Pour a couple tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet. Heat a skillet on the oven over medium heat. Make sure the oil is nice and hot, and then add the short ribs to the
skillet. Brown on all sides well, about 1-2 minutes per side. Do not over crowd the skillet.
3. Once the short ribs are browned on all sides place all of them into a glass dish or bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Chop your carrots, celery and onion coarsely.
5. Add coarsely chopped onion, carrot and celery to the skillet with the coconut oil you browned the short ribs in. Cook for a minute or two, stirring often to prevent the
veggies from burning.
6. Once the veggies have begun to soften, pour the red wine and stock into the skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste and continue stirring. Let it come to a light simmer, pour into crockpot and
then place the browned short ribs into the crockpot. Space the ribs evenly in the crockpot.
7. Place the sprigs of thyme and rosemary all around in the crockpot.
8. Place the lid on the crockpot. Set the crockpot on low. Cook 6-8 hours depending on your crockpot.
9. Once they are done, spoon out and discard the sprigs of rosemary and thyme. You can also skim the fat from the braising liquid and discard if you’d like. I leave a little fat for a delicious taste and flavor.
10. Spoon out the meat & vegetables then drizzle the braising liquid over the top and let the deliciousness melt in your mouth.
I’d love to hear about how the recipe goes for you! Please give it a try and then let me know what you think.